By Tania Reuben
Green Toys makes a line of toys made in the USA from recycled milk jugs! Very few toys are Made in the USA and even fewer are made from primarily reclaimed ingredients!
Most PND readers know that I’m not a big fan of plastic. Green Toys are part of the solution. They use recycled plastic milk jugs, turning waste into fun, high quality, safe toys. The milk jugs are high-density polyethylene (or HDPE), the safest plastic option in the marketplace today.
Green Toys has some great basics in their line-up. Everything from jump ropes & eco saucer (think frisbee) to a 15 piece tool set, 4 piece Sand Set and a 27 piece Cookware & Dining Set.
Green Toys recently sent me a couple of their toys to check out:
The Tea Set – 17 pieces of food safe tea fun!
Their Tea Set is great, and I’m not the only one who think so. At the time of writing this post this set had 78 reviews on Amazon and a 5 star rating!
The set is sturdy, the colors are pale pastel and the size of the cups and plates are just right. Not too big, not too small.
One of the best things about this set is that it IS food safe. Now this might seem like a basic criteria for a children’s tea set, but surprisingly it’s not. Most of the tea sets in the marketplace for children are not food safe. Yet I bet everyone of them is used to hold many a thimbleful of water that that will be refilled and consumed throughout every tea party.
Recycle Truck – Boys (and girls) loves trucks and choosing a recycling truck gives another tool for eco teaching the child in your life
The Truck is a good size, similar to those you’ll see in a sandbox or playground. It has a door that opens on the back so it can be filled with treasures – important in the Diva home. We also liked that the side of the truck had small openings that the children use to stash coins or rocks.
It’s worth noting that the doors to the cabin of the truck don’t open and close and which is fine with me, one less thing to break off and fall apart.
A Special Not About Packaging! Have you ever had to spend more time wresting to get your toys out of their excessive packaging? You won’t have that experience with green toys. They don’t use any cellophane, plastic, or twist ties! They also use all 100% recyclable corrugated cardboard to package their toys. Open the box and play! Just like it should be!
We loved the Green Toys so much that I added a few of their items to the children’s wishlist for their grandparents! I added the cookware set and the tool box.
WINNER: Samantha C Check your inbox!
Are Green Toys on your wishlist?
You’re in luck. One lucky PND reader will win The Green Toys Dish Set!
HOW TO ENTER:
There are a few ways you can enter, leave separate comments for each entry.
Become an Email Subscriber to PND using the form in the sidebar.
– Subscription must be confirmed. You will receive and email that you must reply to for your entry to be valid.
– Already a confirmed Subscriber. Complete any one of the additional entries options – Leave a comment letting Diva know you’re subscriber name and the entry option you selected.
1. Share your favorite Toy from Green Toys!
2. Stumble, Digg, Kirsty, or Technorati favorite this post. Leave a comment with your name and the link.
3. Follow @purenaturaldiva (use link on the sidebar) & @greentoyspr on twitter. Leave your twittername in a separate comment.
4. Become a Fan of Pure Natural Diva & Green Toys on Facebook. Post this giveaway as an update, leave your FB Name or Name with a copy of your update in a separate comment. One entry for each.
5. Tweet this giveaway. Copy and paste “GREEN TOYS Diva Giveaway – Win a Children’s Play Dish Set http://bit.ly/4KRHql@purenaturaldiva”. Then come back and leave the direct link to your tweet (go to your twitter account, click on the words when your tweet was sent (ie. 5 seconds ago) and copy and paste that link in comments.
6. Write a post on your blog linking to my blog and to the – Good for two entries. Leave this comment twice so you get both entries!
7. Add the PND Button to your site. Leave a comment with the link.
This giveaway will run through midnight on Dec 19, 2009 PDT, with winner being announced December 21, 2009. Winner will be chosen using Random.org from all valid entries and notified via email. Winner will have 24 hours to contact me before another winner is chosen.
Giveaway is open to residents of the U.S!
Can’t wait to win:
Click here to see the entire Blog Hop List….