I know that MANY of you are not ready to start mixing your own cleaners – clearly your sanity is still intact. That said – You do want to know the best options for non toxic cleaning in your own home.
When it comes to green home cleaning products you can’t get too far into any discussion without talking about Seventh Generation, a leader in the non toxic, greener household solutions industry.
What they have to say:
Seventh Generation is committed to being the most trusted brand of household and personal-care products for your living home. Our products are healthy and safe for the air, the surfaces, the fabrics, the pets, and the people within your home — and for the community and environment outside of it. Seventh Generation also offers products for baby that are safe for your children and the planet.
Seventh Generation is their committed to inspiring change – their product labels are clear and you can understand what you are reading. Their products will often include a statement about the eco impact of your purchasing decision. Statistics that have inspired me.
If every family replaced just one roll of virgin fiber 120 count Paper Towels with 100% recycled paper towels we would save 1 million trees!
If every family replace just one bottle of conventional liquid laundry detergent with a plant derived alternative we would save 466,000 Barrels of Oil!
Seventh Generation sent me their Free & Clear Home Started Kit to try out.
The kit includes:
Free & Clear Natural Glass & Surface Cleaner
Free & Clear Natural All Purpose Cleaner
Free & Clear Natural Dish Liquid
Free & Clear Natural Laundry Detergent, 32 oz
Free & Clear Fabric Softener, 50 oz
Natural Paper Towels (-1) 120 Count
If you haven’t ventured into non toxic, eco friendly cleaning & household products, this is a great company to try. As a leader in the “green household solutions’ market I’m proud to share their products with my readers. Seventh Generation is aware of the fact that if their products don’t do the job – people won’t use them! So the product effectiveness is imperative to them.
As a company they have a goal of being as transparent as they can with consumers. They share both their victories and where they fall short of their goals on their website. Repeatedly their products lead the way for being some of the best choices from both an toxin standpoint and their environmental impact in the industry. Green is more than a marketing ploy, it is part of their corporate vision.
As a mother – one of the most compelling things I read on their entire site wasn’t statistic or figures, rather this story that was shared in their corporate consciousness report:
Dear Seventh Generation:
My heart has been overflowing with gratitude since Saturday night. I was emptying the
dishwasher, and hadn’t realized that it had malfunctioned (all of the dishwashing powder
was still in there). My daughter had opened the little detergent door when I wasn’t paying
attention. I looked down to see her with two handfuls and a mouthful of your dishwasher
powder. Frantic, I called Poison Control. “My daughter ate dishwasher powder.” They asked
what brand it was. “Seventh Generation.” “Oh, it’s fine then. Just wash it off her hands, and
give her a glass of water.” Thank you, thank you, thank you! — Gabrielle
From my perspective this letter illustrates so much of what motivates me to make better choices for my family and care more about the environment for the future. It’s about our children and their future.
Seventh Generation has a great website full of information & coupons. So don’t forget to take advantage and save a few dollars – it all adds up!
Seventh Generation is Giving One Lucky PND Reader a Home Starter Kit (Retail Value $42)
HOW TO ENTER:
There are a few ways you can enter, leave separate comments for each entry.
Become an Email Subscriber to PND using the form in the sidebar. Leave a comment with a name I can print in our newsletter if you win!
- The subscription must be confirmed. You will receive and email that you must reply to for your entry to be valid.
- Already a confirmed Subscriber. Complete any one of the additional entries options – Leave a comment letting Diva know you’re subscriber name and the entry option you selected.
- Go to Seventh Generation and share your favorite fun fact about this great company!
- Stumble, Digg, Kirsty, or Technorati favorite this post. Leave a comment with your name and the link.
- Follow @purenaturaldiva (use link on the sidebar) and @SeventhGen on twitter. Leave your twittername in a separate comment.
- Become a Fan of Pure Natural Diva & Seventh Generation on Facebook. Post this giveaway as an update, leave your FB Name or Name with a copy of your update in a separate comment. One entry for each.
- Tweet this giveaway. Copy and paste “WIN Free & Clear Home Starter Cleaning Kit!!! Diva Giveaway http://bit.ly/aFC7kB @purenaturaldiva”. Then come back and leave the direct link to your tweet (go to your twitter account, click on the words when your tweet was sent (ie. 5 seconds ago) and copy and paste that link in comments.
- Write a post on your blog linking to my blog and to the – Good for two entries. Leave this comment twice so you get both entries!
This giveaway will run through midnight on April 3, 2010 PDT, with winner being announced April 5, 2010 in the PND Newsletter. Winner will be chosen using Random.org from all valid entries. Winner will have 24 hours to contact me before the contest is re-opened until the following weekend.
Giveaway is open to residents of the U.S.
alt=”MckLinky Blog Hop” longdesc=”http://www.mcklinky.com” />