Couture Cottons Organic Undies: Product Review
By Tania Reuben
I’ve recently began to add organic clothing & fashion to my list of area in my life I’d like to improve upon. To that end, my goal is to wear something organic, eco friendly or handmade every day. I’m not saying I succeed, but it is my goal Down under is a good place to start, but the choices in the marketplace are limited.
Sandra Richards created Couture Cottons after an extensive hunt for cotton underwear left her wanting more, more style, more comfort, more coverage without being a “granny panty”.
Sandra recently sent me a pair of their boy shorts in Midnight Black to take for a test drive. There will be no photos of my tush in this review, so you can relax.
The panties are made in the USA out of an organic cotton/bamboo blend, are super comfortable and deliciously soft. For those of you that don’t know, I’m an S Factor girl and we tend to wear a lot of boy shorts! I wear a size 6 and the small they sent fit me perfectly with no unsightly boy short bulge or roll from the band being too tight.
From a style perspective, I would pick the lace thong over this boy short. My boy shorts tend to be a little on the tinier side, but that is my taste. I’m sure they reach a broader audience by adding that little extra coverage. For women wanting attractive styling details with more coverage you’ll love this short.
Women with latex allergies will be glad to know, all their elastic is latex free.
The Couture Cottons site has this to say about the benefits of choosing organic underpinnings:
Wearing Couture Cottons lingerie has some great health benefits! Couture Cottons selected fabrics that were superior to conventional fabrics because they have considerably less chemicals and toxins that have the potential to be absorbed through the skin. Also, the attributes are healthier for women with health issues than conventional fabrics:
Organic cotton is breathable, allergen-free fabric is a better product for women who have sensitivities to toxins in fabrics that can absorb through the skin.
Doctors recommend women who suffer from urinary tract infections and yeast infections to wear breathable fabrics to help prevent reoccurring infections.
Couture Cottons offers the perfect type of fabrics for lingerie products that are free from harmful chemicals and toxins in a “couture design”.
Couture Cotton panties retail for $26.99 a pair or 3 pair for $75. This might be higher than we’re used to paying, but consider a Victoria’s Secret boy short retails between $10-14 a pair and they are neither organic, nor Made in America.
WINNER: Jessica K check your inbox!
Couture Cottons is giving one Lucky PND reader a super cute set of Organic Cotton Pajamas
Retail Value $70.
HOW TO ENTER:
There are a few ways you can enter, leave separate comments for each entry.
Become an Email Subscriber to PND using the form in the sidebar.
– The subscription must be confirmed. You will receive and email that you must reply to for your entry to be valid.
– Already a confirmed Subscriber. Complete any one of the additional entries options – Leave a comment letting Diva know you’re subscriber name and the entry option you selected.
1. Go to www.CoutureCottons.com and share your favorite style here!
2. Stumble, Digg, Kirsty, or Technorati favorite this post. Leave a comment with your name and the link.
3. Follow @purenaturaldiva on twitter. Leave your twittername in a separate comment.
4. Become a Fan of Pure Natural Diva & Couture Cottons on Facebook. Post this giveaway as an update, leave your FB Name or Name with a copy of your update in a separate comment. One entry for each.
5. Tweet this giveaway. Copy and paste “WIN Super Cute Organic Cotton PJ’s!!! Diva Giveaway: a $70 Value from Couture Cotton http://bit.ly/6b2cGM @purenaturaldiva”. Then come back and leave the direct link to your tweet (go to your twitter account, click on the words when your tweet was sent (ie. 5 seconds ago) and copy and paste that link in comments.
6. Write a post on your blog linking to PND and Couture Cottons – Good for two entries. Leave this comment twice so you get both entries!
7. Add the PND Button to your site. Leave a comment with the link.
This giveaway will run through midnight on Dec 19, 2009 PDT, with winner being announced December 21, 2009. Winner will be chosen using Random.org from all valid entries and notified via email. Winner will have 24 hours to contact me before another winner is chosen.
Giveaway is open to residents of the U.S.
Click here to see the entire Blog Hop List….